5 Things You May Not Be Aware Of About Your Credit Cards
A credit card is a financial boon. It comes in handy to carry anywhere to facilitate super-fast transactions anytime even while travelling. So, no need to take the risk of carrying loads of cash. Use the card to pay various bills, shop instantly and even finance high-value purchases with an EMI facility.
Here are 5 other useful things that you must be aware of about your credit cards.
#1 – Dining Deals
Did you know that you can avail of great dining offers on some credit cards? See if yours offers the best dining benefits as follows:
- Deals on five-star restaurant services. So, you can plan to dine out on your birthday night and enjoy your favourite dishes at attractive offers.
- Discounts on delivery of uncooked fish and meat to your home. So, you can prepare and enjoy healthy delicious food in the comfort of your home.
#2 – Lifestyle Offers
Check if you can get top lifestyle offers on your credit card. You can enjoy these discounted purchases for yourself or gift them to your loved ones. Such attractive lifestyle deals may include:
- Discounts on branded bag purchases.
- Movie ticket offers.
- Deals on buying amazing fashion wear.
- Discounts on buying various branded jewellery.
- Offers on branded kitchen set purchases.
- Discounted services at health and wellness facilities and outlets. These include offers on online shopping of medicines, discounted hospital charges and free joining at health clubs.
- Discounts on education and upskilling like on annual academic subscriptions.
- Offers on legal and other services.
- A complimentary round of golf every month.
#3 – Travel Benefits
Have you checked any travel benefits on your credit card?
You may get complimentary access throughout the year to specific domestic railway lounges and terminal airport lounges in India. For example, railway lounge access may come with further benefits like:
- Comfortable air-conditioned sitting arrangements
- Free Wi-Fi
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Availability of magazines and newspapers
- A buffet meal like breakfast, lunch or dinner according to the time of your visit
Other travel benefits may include:
- Fuel surcharge waiver at any fuel station in India
- Free roadside assistance
- Comprehensive travel insurance cover
- Discounts on hotel bookings
#4 – No Annual Maintenance Fees
Check if you’re using a lifetime free credit card. It lets you enjoy the following benefits:
- No annual maintenance fees to use your card.
- Joining and enjoying membership renewals for free.
Such benefits may also come in a select credit card.
#5 – Reward Points
Does your credit card offer reward points for every rupee spent using it? Then use them. A select credit card also showers a plethora of rewards.
See if you can get the following added benefits on using credit points:
- Up to 10X reward points on birthday spending.
- Unlimited credit points that don’t expire so you won’t lose them ever.
- No redemption fees for using the rewards.
- More rewards on online card-based transactions than offline ones to encourage shopping safely in the comfort of your home.
Read the terms and conditions of your credit card document to optimise your user experience with awareness!